Saturday, March 12, 2011

Update...

Sirens wail. The earth continues to shake. And I feel a strange discrepancy, because I'm sitting here in my apartment before a Sunday morning worship that will be neither clean nor so very comfortable...but it will be, as far as I know. Of course, the shaking kind of discourages one from planning so far ahead.

Maybe the movies have conditioned me into thinking that I should be running down a street screaming or something. Or that I should be trying heroically to rescue those in danger. The truth--as is proven by the swaying ground, which sways me with it--is that I am very, very small. So I sit, and Cindy and I pray and read...and we will join others who pray...and we read aloud facebook messages and prayers of so many that bring smiles to our faces. And there is great comfort in knowing that those prayers--they are not small.

And, just to give you a real up-to-date note: Cindy is smiling and rejoicing because we just watched some of our neighbors bucketing water out of a nearby canal. We're off to join in. :)

1 comment:

  1. Will you boil that canal water before you drink it? :)

    And you are doing something far more heroic than running down a street like they do on a movie set. I loved your words, a "tsunami" of prayers. And am so happy to join you both, with all the saints, in this...

    Praying for you today,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete