Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Vacation

In Japan, the summer holiday lasts from the end of July to the end of August...but most kids still go to cram schools and do homework! Because of such things, we've still been teaching English classes the last few weeks. Teaching English is definitely not the craziest part of my schedule, since we don't have so many students yet, but teaching does involve preparation, daily class times, etc.

However, in a few hours, my last class for the summer will be finished, and I will run to the train station to catch a train, a bus, and another train to go visit some friends in the Tokyo area for a couple of days. Cindy and I receive two weeks off during this August, and it's my first chance to meet some people I haven't seen for over a year!

Between the Tokyo visit and friends coming here to visit Fukushima, it'll be a busy first week of summer vacation! Pictures to be posted on some future date... :) Stay cool and drink water... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment