Monday, June 28, 2010

"All I know at the end of the day is Your love remains"

In about five hours, I need to leave for the airport. Bags have been packed (perhaps over-packed?), documents gathered, finances sorted, multiple blokus games with family have been played, and ice cream has been eaten (because, for some reason, several people that I love think goodbyes deserve ice cream...I concur)!

The title of this post is a line from a Paul Coleman song called "One Thing," and it's been one of my favorite songs since the first time I was in Japan. On days like today, when I don't know what is really ahead and what the next few weeks will feel like, it's extremely reassuring to push doubts and fears from my mind with the black-and-white promise of God's love remaining with me. When I don't know what the next years will look like for my family, or friends, it's reassuring to know that God's love remains with them as well.

I know that God is much more than a safety-belt, and His love is wilder and larger than any security blanket we might want to hold. But as "unsafe" or crazy as His love is, it is completely trustworthy. And that, my friends, brings peace.

Time for rest, final goodbyes, and many...many...hours of airplanes!

No comments:

Post a Comment