Monday, January 10, 2011

2011

The new bulletin board items are waiting to be personalized by the students and hung up. New class materials and discussion topics are sitting on the table. A song that I want to focus on with the children over the next few weeks is in the songbook in my bag. Two Bibles are laying on the floor (I'm not sure why...), open to the places we'll study tomorrow in English Bible study.

My planner already has the first week and a half of January, 2011, filled with blessed experiences like traveling to China, spending time with dear friends from Tokyo and America, and even a surprise Japanese-Chinese wedding. I've already been able to spend time in 2011 learning new words from a new language, cuddling amazing children, and experiencing moments and memories that remind me of the gracious abundance of God. And yes, the first week and a half of 2011 has already included miscommunication, frustration, even death.

Looking at the last week and a half and preparing for tomorrow makes me thankful that God's plan is bigger than my 2011 calendar. :) And it reminds me of God's incredible giving--not just once, or yearly, or weekly, or daily...but in each of my living moments.

Taking a deep breath and looking forward to seeing God's action in this next semester and new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment