Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rest

I think I'd forgotten just how much energy it takes to move to a new country...

Yesterday was the first day that I didn't have to go to church. Monday is our normal "day off," because we teach Tuesday through Saturday and have church stuff Sunday, but the last few weeks have been anything but normal. There have been times of rest and plenty of open parts of the day, but yesterday was our first full day off since I arrived, and I think I was counting down to it all week before hand.

Yesterday was lovely...lovely! Talked to Eric, Miah, and Dad and went and wandered until I found an electronics store (where I also randomly found the shampoo I like to use here--does that sound strange to anyone else?:)) and a pair of flip-flops, since the staples in my previous pair were no longer working (I have tried my hand at shoe repairs of many kinds over the years--doesn't seem to be my calling :)). Cindy and I studied Japanese and watched a movie in the evening. "Normal" things--family things. So much of rest, for me, involves the people that I rest with.

So after such a good day of rest, I'm slightly dismayed to find myself dragging again this evening, wishing that I was settled enough to have a safe place and safe people around me. Not that Cindy and the Nomura's aren't safe--not that at all! They are such huge blessings!!! But there is still the tired, slightly achy feeling of missing people and being engulfed in new things...feelings I wish I could just push aside and forget about until I'm over them and re-acclimated. As I've sat here for the last half hour, the words to Third Day's "Cry Out to Jesus" song came into my head:

There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
And love for the broken heart.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are;
Cry out to Jesus.


I'm so glad that He's patient with my cries! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment